Franklin Theater

Location: Old Town

Controlled by: Condemned

The old Franklin Theater rests on the edge of city limits, in the Old Town district. It was built in 1896, and was last owned by the Texaco Star Corporation in 1963. It featured two stages, a naturalist stage and an in-the-round stage. However, the seating was paltry by the modern era, and its location far from the heart of Downtown and Nightlife sealed its fate. It was denied selection as a historical landmark, and was condemned for public travel in 1975. The land in the surrounding area has not been redeveloped significantly, as such, it has escaped destruction.

Franklin Theater

The Philadelphia Crusade Brodehouse